If you're only seeing a notification of a missed call or voicemail in your Sideline inbox, but did not see the incoming call, there are a couple explanations for this.
1. First complete the basic troubleshooting steps
2. Check in your Sideline settings that you don't have "Forward all calls to voicemail" enabled
3. Check that your device isn't blocking any Sideline calls
- Go to your phone's home screen
- Click on your phone icon
- Tap More (top right)
- Tap Settings
- Tap Call Blocking/Rejection
- Tap Block List
- Toggle “Auto Reject Anonymous Number”
There are some differences and/or additions in these troubleshooting steps if you happen to have a Samsung Galaxy device, and the above steps haven't been successful.
3a. Check that your device isn't blocking any Sideline calls (unblocking the pilot number)
- Go to Phone Settings
- Call Block
- Call Block List or Auto Reject
- Remove Pilot Number from List
4. Check your Samsung Secure Folder:
If you are prompted to select an action this is more than likely due to your Sideline app being housed in the Samsung Secure Folder. The popup to choose which app to call out from will display, and those apps in the secure folder will have a file folder icon.
To allow calls to be placed through Sideline, you will simply need to remove the app from the secure folder.
More info on Samsung Secure Folder found here: http://www.samsung.com/global/galaxy/what-is/secure-folder/
Republic Wireless customers
If you are a Republic Wireless customer and are having trouble connecting your calls through Sideline, we recommend going to your carrier to notify them of this issue. Unfortunately, there isn't much we can do as the error is on their end.
T- mobile offers a service called "Call Protection Solutions". Each of these services "Put scammers in their place and answers all your calls worry free."
- Scam ID identifies potential spam calls and robocalls, and notifies you on your phone as the call is incoming. The caller ID displays “Scam Likely” instead of the number, but the call still goes through for you to answer it.
- Scam block prevents any "Scam Likely" calls from getting through and will not ring to your device. T-Mobile has automatically enabled Scam Block on our pilot numbers-the numbers we use to connect your calls which is why you are only being notified of a missed call.