If you are experiencing notification problems with Sideline we have a few things for you try. Let’s make sure we have the basics nailed down.
Please double-check the settings in the video below to make sure you’ve allowed your Sideline app to receive all push notifications, including "Show on lock screen".
It is important to allow notifications for Sideline in order to be alerted on any new texts, calls and/or voicemails or other incoming activity.
If notifications are disabled, you will not be made aware of any new messages/calls etc. until you open up the Sideline app!
Sideline app >> Settings >> Get Help >> Manage Permissions >> Notifications >> Allow Notifications
- Show on lock screen: this will ensure your notifications appear when your phone is locked
- Show in history: this will ensure your notifications appear in your notification history (swiping down from the top of your screen when your phone is unlocked)
- Show as banners: this will display a banner notification when your device is unlocked
If these settings are correct within the application, please ensure that your device’s sound settings are turned on.
Here’s how to check:
- First, go to the Settings menu within your Sideline application
- Check the “ring tone” and “text tone”
- See that you have a tone selected for both
- Go to the Settings menu on your device
- Tap “Sounds”
- Ensure that the “silent” mode is off and that the volume is up
Make sure your phone has Internet connection
Notifications require a persistent internet connection in order to work. If you lose your network connection, or your connection is weak, then your notifications may not come through.
If after checking your settings and network, you are still not receiving your notifications, please perform a clean install of Sideline:
- delete the app,
- **restart your device** (most important step)
- reinstall the app from the iTunes or Google Play app store
Please Note - this will remove all calling and messaging data older than 72 hours.
Still not receiving notifications, send us an email with the following details to email@example.com:
- Phone number
- Contact’s phone number
- Exact date and time of the message(s) where they did not receive a notification