If you are experiencing notification problems with Sideline we have a few things for you try. Let’s make sure we have the basics nailed down.
Make sure your phone has Internet connection
Please double-check the following settings to make sure you’ve allowed your Sideline app to receive push notifications.
- First, go to the Settings menu within your Sideline application
- Check the “ring tone” and “text tone”
- See that you have a tone selected for both
If these settings are correct within the application, and your sounds still aren’t working, please ensure that your device’s sound settings are turned on.
Here’s how to check:
- Go to the Settings menu on your device
- Tap “Sounds”
- Ensure that the “silent” mode is off and that the volume is up
Notifications require a persistent internet connection in order to work. If you lose your network connection, or your connection is weak, then your notifications may not come through.
If all settings are correct and you are still not receiving your notifications, please perform a clean install of Sideline:
- delete the app,
- **restart your device** (most important step)
- reinstall the app from the iTunes or Google Play app store
Please Note - this will remove all calling and messaging data older than 72 hours.
Still not receiving notifications, send us an email with the following details to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Phone number
- Contact’s phone number
- Exact date and time of the message(s) where they did not receive a notification