By default, the same payment method you used to purchase the subscription will be charged for renewals.
If you wish to update/change your payment method for upcoming renewals, please do so from within your app store account as all in-app purchases are handled in this manner. See below for instructions for iOS and Android.
- When a payment is declined through your app store, the app store attempts the purchase again as a way to offer you a grace period. If you update your payment information through the app store, this will generally resolve the issue.
- If you feel as though you have multiple "charges" for your Sideline subscription (due to the app store attempting to charge) you will likely find that the "charges" are pending charges, and haven't actually been charged to your card on file. This is part of the grace period/payment attempts.
--Tab 1 Start--
To change your payment method while making a purchase:
- Open the Google Play Store app
- Go to a paid item's detail page
- Tap the price and review app permissions
- Next to the price, tap the Down arrow > Payment methods
- Choose from one of your existing payment methods or add a new one
- Complete your purchase
If your payment method is declined or has insufficient funds, your subscription may be canceled. If this happens, you can add a backup payment method, or set up your subscription again via the Google Play Store.
Items to note:
- If you add a payment method while making a purchase, it will be saved in your account.
- Renewals may take place 24 hours before each subscription period starts.
- If you are having trouble subscribing to the monthly or annual Sideline subscription or having trouble completing a payment in the app store, please refer to the Sideline Service Status Page first to check if there are any current purchase disruptions within your app store.
- After you update or add your payment information, please go back to Sideline and try your purchase again.
If you need further assistance or have any questions, please submit a request.
--Tab 1 End--
--Tab 2 Start--
To update your payment method via iTunes:
- Device Settings
- Tap 'iTunes & App Store'
- Tap your Apple ID
- Tap 'View Apple ID'
- Tap 'Payment Information'
- Tap 'Manage Payments'
- Edit your current card on file or 'Add Payment Method'
--Tab 2 End--