What is Live Voicemail
Live Voicemail is an iPhone feature that is automatically enabled when you upgrade to iOS 17. Live Voicemail is designed to offer a real-time transcription of the voicemail being left, similar to voicemails on a landline system.
Impact on Sideline
When enabled, the Live Voicemail feature prevents some call & feature functionality from working as intended for Sideline customers.
Potential issues seen when Live Voicemail is enabled:
- Auto-Reply to Calls: if you have this feature enabled in Sideline, Auto-Replies will NOT be sent.
- Voicemail Separation: calls to Sideline may be routed to your iPhone’s voicemail.
- Conditional Call Forwarding: if you’ve set up conditional call forwarding, Live Voicemail will disable this feature and prevent calls from being routed to Sideline.
- Sideline Address Book: you may see “Incoming” or “Outgoing Sideline Call” duplicated in your iPhone’s address book.
If you value Sideline’s calling features such as Auto-Reply to Calls and the separate voicemail, we recommend disabling the Live Voicemail feature.
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone, then tap Phone.
- Tap Live Voicemail.
- Turn Live Voicemail OFF.