This article is for assistance with porting your number into Sideline for use as a 2nd number for your mobile device.
Step 1: Create a Sideline account
Before you can begin the port-in process, you will need to:
- Create an account (or log into an existing one)
- Choose a temporary Sideline phone number.
Step 2: Gather the required port-in information
There are five pieces of account information you will need to port your number into Sideline. To obtain the information seen below, please log into your Carrier account or contact their support department.
What we require for porting into Sideline:
- Name of the account holder*
- Account Number
- Billing Address*
- Telephone Number
Tip: If you need to confirm the information above, we suggest contacting your Carrier and asking for a Customer Service Record (CSR) as this is where your account information resides. (Instructions)
Note about the above info:
- Name: Must exactly match what the carrier has on file. If it doesn't, it may cause the port to be rejected.
Address: Physical address as it displays on your account.
- Example: If you enter "South Highway" but your account shows "S. HWY" this will cause the port to be rejected.
- PO Box addresses will cause the port to be rejected.
- PIN: If no PIN is provided by your carrier, please use 0000 as a generic PIN. You cannot submit a port without a PIN as this is a required field. (More info)
Step 3: Begin the port-in process
Follow the steps seen here to begin the port-in process: How to port your number into Sideline
Questions?Submit a request.