Have a number already that you'd like to use as your Sideline number? To help you out, we put together a guide for everything you'll need to successfully port your number from AT&T.
What's Sideline? Sideline is an AT&T alternative that adds a 2nd number to your current phone for just $9.99/month.
Once you have created your Sideline account and chosen a temporary Sideline number, go to Number Porting in the Sideline settings.
Here's everything you'll need:
- You can usually find your account number in the upper right-hand corner of any bill or invoice you have, or in your online account.
- Make sure you don't use any dashes or hyphens.
- If you're on an older or linked AT&T account your account number may not be listed on your bill. You can contact at&t to find out what your account number is.
- Make sure to use your cellular account number and not U-Verse, if you have it.
- You won't be able to find your PIN on any bill or invoice. Your PIN would have been given to you by AT&T and is usually pre-selected.
- To learn what your PIN is you can call AT&T at 800-331-0500 (from your wireless phone), 800-288-2020 (from your landline, or visit an AT&T store).
Billing Telephone Number
- If you're transferring from an account that has only one line, enter the number that you're transferring.
- If you're transferring from an account that has multiple lines, contact AT&T to find out which number is your billing telephone number.
Account Owner's Name
- If you're the only person on the account, this would be you.
- If you're on a family or shared plan, the account owner's name will be in the address portion of your bill.
- This is the address that your AT&T bills are sent to.
If you receive some kind of error code while trying to port your number in, or if you have any other questions or problems about Sideline, please submit a request.