Have a number already that you'd like to use as your Sideline number? To help you out, we put together a guide for everything you'll need to successfully port your number from Consumer Cellular.
If you haven't created a Sideline account yet, click below to download a free 7-day trial.
Once you have created your Sideline account and chosen a temporary Sideline number, go to Number Porting in the Sideline settings.
Here's everything you'll need:
Note: Consumer Cellular has a VERY strict policy when it comes to porting a number. This often results in various errors during the process, and a generally slower response time than other providers. If this happens, you'll get an error message saying "All data mismatch". If/when you see this message, please submit a request below to get in touch with the Sideline Support Team. We'll gladly help you out.
- You can usually find your account number in the upper right hang corner of any bill or invoice you have, or in your online account.
- Consumer Cellular is a bit of an odd ball and does not have a pre-selected or customer selected pin.
- Instead, they use the last 4 digits of the account owner's social security number
- Enter the last 4 digits of your SSN in the PIN sections, but please note that in some cases Consumer Cellular will reject the porting request because of this.
Billing Telephone Number
- If you're transferring from an account that has only one line, enter the number that you're transferring.
- If you're transferring from an account that has multiple lines, contact Consumer Cellular to find out which number is your billing telephone number.
Account Owner's Name
- If you're the only person on the account, this would be you.
- If you're on a family or shared plan, the account owner's name will be in the address portion of your bill.
- This is the address that your Consumer Cellular bills are sent to
If you receive some kind of error code while trying to port your number in, or if you have any other questions or problems about Sideline, please submit a request.