Your contact list in Sideline is uploaded directly from your device's address book. However, to make changes within Sideline, follow these simple steps depending on your editing preferences:
To add contacts
If you receive a message from a new number to Sideline, and wish to save them in your contact list:
- Enter the conversation from the inbox
- Tap on the New Contact icon next to the number in the conversation
- Select Create new contact or Add to existing contact depending on your preference, then your device's address book will open to add your new contact there. The change will then reflect in Sideline.
To add a new contact before messaging
- Tap on the New Call icon in the upper right corner of your inbox
- Switch over to the dial pad icon from the contact page, and enter in the phone number
- Choose + New Contact, or Add to Existing depending on your preference
Again, this will open your device's address book to add them there first. The changes will reflect in Sideline.
To edit contacts
You can either do so from your device's address book, or from within the conversation screen with a contact.
- Once inside the conversation, tap on the contact's name in the toolbar
- Tap Edit in the upper right corner
- When you've made the desired edits, make sure to save by tapping Done. All changes will reflect within Sideline
To delete contacts
You cannot delete contacts through Sideline. However, to delete the conversation, you can quickly do so by swiping from right to left across the conversation in your inbox. Choose Delete to remove all calls/messages from your inbox.
To fully delete any saved contacts, you must do so through your device's address book.
If you need further assistance, please submit a request.