Your contact list in Sideline syncs with your device's address book. That means that any changes you make to your Sideline address book will be reflected in your device's address book and vice versa.
Note: Sideline Pro is the exception to the above rule as Pro contacts do not sync to your address book.
If you'd like to edit your contact details in Sideline, follow these simple steps depending on your editing preferences.
From an existing conversation
If you receive a message from a new number to Sideline and wish to save them to your contacts list:
- Enter the conversation from the inbox
- Tap on the New Contact icon (to the right of the number)
- Select 'Create New Contact' or 'Add to Existing Contact' depending on your preference
- Your device's address book will then open allowing you to add your new contact
- Tap 'Done' when you've finished adding in the contact details
From Sideline's address book
- On the main screen, tap the address book icon to access your contacts
- On the top right, click the 'Add new contact' icon or '+'
- Enter the details and tap 'Save' or 'Done' when finished
From the dial pad
- Tap on the New Call icon in the upper right corner of your inbox
- Switch over to the dial pad icon from the contact page, and enter the phone number
- Choose + New Contact, or 'Add to Existing' depending on your preference
You can either do so from your device's address book, or from within the conversation screen with a contact.
- Once inside the conversation, tap on the contact's name in the toolbar
- Tap Edit in the upper right corner
- When you've made the desired edits, make sure to save by tapping Done. All changes will reflect within Sideline
You cannot delete contacts through Sideline (with the exception of Sideline Pro). However, to delete the conversation, you can quickly do so by swiping from right to left across the conversation in your inbox. Choose 'Delete' to remove all calls/messages from your inbox.
If you need further assistance, please submit a request.