Have a number already that you'd like to use as your Sideline number? To help you out, we put together a guide for everything you'll need to successfully port your number from Magic Jack.
What's Sideline? Sideline is a Magic Jack alternative that adds a 2nd number to your current phone for just $9.99/month.
Once you have created your Sideline account and chosen a temporary Sideline number, go to Number Porting in the Sideline settings.
Here's everything you'll need:
- Login to your MagicJack account
- Click on Your Account (upper left corner) and select Account Home
- Account number and name will be shown at the top of the screen
- Contact number for Magic Jack 1(844) 866-2442
- Same as Password if a six-digit number (no letters or special characters)
- If your password is not a six-digit number, you must change your password. To change your password:
- On the login page, select Forgot Password (be sure to clear out any saved password first)
- They will email you a code that will allow you to change your password
Account Owner's Name
- This is the name associated with the Magic Jack account
- If you have a family or shared plan, the account owner's name will be in the address portion of your bill
- This should be the same on both accounts
- Hover over Account tab and select Mailing Address/Alternate Phone
- The address selected is your Billing address
If you receive some kind of error code while trying to port your number in, or if you have any other questions or problems about Sideline, please submit a request.