Have a number already that you'd like to use as your Sideline number? To help you out, we put together a guide for everything you'll need to successfully port your number from AT&T.
If you haven't created a Sideline account yet, click below to download a free 7-day trial.
Once you have created your Sideline account, chosen a temporary Sideline number, and unlocked your Google Voice number, go to Number Porting in the Sideline settings.
There is a one time $3 fee (charged Google Voice) to transfer your number away from Google voice.
To unlock your number:
- Go to www.google.com/voice/unlock, and sign into your Google account.
- Click "Unlock my number".
- If you have more than one number, select the number you want to port from the dropdown menu, then click "Unlock my number."
Once you unlock your number, you'll need:
- Account Number: Use your 10-digit Google Voice number as your account number.
- PIN: Your PIN is what you use to access your Google Voice voicemail from a different phone.
- If you don't have a PIN set up, you should create one before requesting a port into Sideline.
- To set a PIN: sign into your Google voice account, click on the gear icon in the top right of the page, click on "Settings", and click on the Voicemail tab.
- Billing Telephone Number: This is the number you want to transfer.
- Account Owner's Name: This is the name associated with the Google Voice account.
- Billing Address: This is the address that is associated with the Google Voice account.
If you receive some kind of error code while trying to port your number in, or if you have any other questions or problems about Sideline, please submit a request.