Do you have your own special number or business line that you'd like to use as your second number? If so, you can easily port that number into Sideline.
Porting is the term used for transferring a phone number from one service provider to another.
General info before you get started:
- There is no fee to port your number into Sideline.
- Any previous calls, messages, and/or voicemails with your previous carrier will not transfer to Sideline. Only the number itself is carried over.
- Only one port-in request can be active at any given time.
- Once you port a number into Sideline, you have to port that number out of Sideline before you can port another number in.
- Do NOT cancel your current service plan before your number has been successfully ported.
- You must first choose a Sideline number before you can port a non-Sideline number in.
- Choose any number in the meantime while you wait for your number to be ported in.
Tip: Check out our Guide to Porting your Number to see what information you'll need from your service provider & the steps to take to successfully port your number into Sideline.
Accepted numbers for porting:
- Landline numbers
- Cell numbers
Numbers that cannot be ported and used as a Sideline number:
- Toll-free numbers
- 1-800 numbers
- The number that you used to register for a Sideline account
- Non-U.S. phone numbers (international numbers)
- Phone numbers that belong to the non-contiguous states (HI, AK, and Puerto Rico area codes)
- Off-Net rate center numbers