This article will be a quick how-to guide to get you started using Sideline!
From your Inbox
Once you've created your account, you'll be sent to your Inbox view
- Inbox: This is where you'll find your calls and messages
- Calling: Call a new number or one that you have saved to your contacts
- New Message: Compose a new message
Otherwise, your inbox will include all current conversations along with any missed calls.
Note: Since calls go through your service provider, you can find any voicemail from within your device's call log
To learn more about how to check your voicemail in Sideline, view our help site article "How do I check my voicemail?
Sending a Message
Sending a photo: To send a photo along with your message, tap the camera icon to the left of the text box. Here, you can choose to take a photo or choose from your camera roll
Receiving new messages: Any unread messages will have a green dot on the left-hand side. Tap on the message in your inbox to enter the conversation.
Placing a Phone Call!
- Call to a saved contact: Tap on the address book icon along the top toolbar to search your contact list
- Type the name of your contact in the search bar (or)
- Scroll until you find the contact from your list
- Call to a new number (not in your contact list): Tap the dial pad, type in the number, and tap on call
Receiving a Phone Call
A gray screen with the green Sideline logo will appear to let you know when you're receiving a Sideline call versus a call to your mobile number.
Android users: To personalize, you can also add a profile picture for your contacts (follow the same steps as you normally would in your address book)
Please note: If you are not connected to data or do not have a contact saved in your contact list, you will only see "Incoming Sideline Call"
To keep your Sideline voicemail and native voicemails separate, you have two options:
- FORWARD CALLS TO VOICEMAIL
In your Sideline Settings:
- Enable the "Forward Calls to Voicemail" under Settings.
- Anytime you receive a call to your Sideline number, the caller will be sent straight to the Sideline voicemail greeting you've set.
- LET THE CALL RING THROUGH - DON'T DECLINE OR MESSAGE REPLY
- When you're receiving a call to your Sideline number, your phone will show "Sideline - 14085551234" OR "Sideline - Sally" for example. Instead of declining the call, let it ring all the way through to voicemail.
- If you decline the call, it's possible your Carrier will pick up the call, sending it to your device voicemail instead. To prevent this from happening, enable “Call Announcement”
For more information on managing your voicemail, please view our help site article; "How do I separate my Sideline voicemail from my regular voicemail?"
Lastly, if you would like to set up a custom voicemail for Sideline, click here for more information.
If you need further assistance, please submit a request.