If you're having trouble with your incoming Caller ID (what you see on your screen when someone calls you) or your outgoing Caller ID (what the recipient of your call sees) please read below for more info and troubleshooting steps.
Incoming Caller ID
- Receiving calls from your contact in what appears to be an out-of-state number.
- Contacts are only displaying their phone number, not their names.
- Caller ID only displays "Incoming Sideline Call" (iOS)
- Caller ID only displays "Sideline Incoming Call" (Android)
- You see your incoming pilot number on your Caller ID.
- Ensure contact permissions are enabled. (Instructions for iPhone & Android)
- VoIP calling is disabled. (Settings > tap to enable)
- Enable Call Announcement. (Settings > tap to enable)
- Team Number accounts have this feature enabled so you won't see this in Settings.
Outgoing Caller ID
The recipient of your call sees your Caller ID displayed as one or more of the following:
- "Scam Likely", "Spam Likely", SPAM, Telemarketing, etc.
- A name that is not associated with you or your business.
Sideline numbers can be sometimes classified as "high-use" since the numbers we use to route your calls correctly (pilot numbers) are frequently used. Because of this, some carriers may mark Sideline numbers as Spam.
- Disable/remove Spam filtering apps on your device (if applicable).
- Contact support for further assistance in removing the incorrect Caller ID.