This article contains information on Caller ID issues with incoming & outgoing Sideline calls as well as troubleshooting steps you can perform in an attempt to reach a resolution.
Inbound Caller ID Issues:
- Receiving calls from your contact in what appears to be an out-of-state number
- Contacts are only displaying their phone number, not their names
- Caller ID only displays "Incoming Sideline Call" (iOS)
- Caller ID only displays "Sideline Incoming Call" (Android)
- You see your incoming pilot number on your Caller ID
Recipient Caller ID Issues (what your recipient sees when you call them):
- The recipient of your call sees your Caller ID displayed as one or more of the following:
- "Scam Likely", "Spam Likely", SPAM, Telemarketing, etc.
Cause & Resolution
The above issues may be occurring because of a couple of factors:
- The Sideline Pilot number is being displayed instead of your contacts phone number
- Rotating your pilot numbers can help solve these issues in some cases
- One or more of the device permissions have been disabled
- Contacts permissions are required so Sideline can display the call with your saved contacts name (and not just phone number)
- Recipient Caller ID
- The recipient's carrier of the Sideline call has flagged your number as "Spam" due to being classified as a VoIP number (there is little we can do in this instance as the Carrier will need to unflag your number)
After reviewing the information above, please please proceed to self-troubleshoot by clicking the link below.
If you need further assistance with troubleshooting Caller ID issues, please submit a request.