You've subscribed to Sideline, and your texts and MMS are not going through.
- You have checked the Sideline Service Status Page for any current texting disruptions which might affect your ability to send SMS or MMS messages.
- You have confirmed you're not in limited state (your subscription is active).
- You have established a strong network connection (try connecting to another WiFi or switch to data to test)
Cause and resolution
There are a variety of reasons why your texts or pictures may not go through, some of which include: poor network connection, the number you're trying to send to is not supported, or there's a corner case in which our Support team would need to further assist you with.
Please try the following steps below to further troubleshoot this issue:
- Network connection: If it's ALL contacts, try using a different network connection, or reconnecting to your current network.
- Contacts: If you're unsure if it's ALL contacts, try sending a picture or video to a different contact to see if the issue is with all contacts or a specific one.
- Log out: Log out and back into your account, and retest the sending of your text or picture message.
- Clean reinstall: This will ultimately reset your connection with our servers. This will remove any content you have in your inbox that is older than the last 72hrs.
- Note: We no longer support or offer Sideline on Android OS versions 4.0 or below, therefore, you should NOT delete or reinstall the app as Sideline will no longer be available in the app store for OS versions 4.0 or below if you do so.
In the case that you're still unable to send pictures or videos after testing out all the above-outlined steps, please submit a request to us with the following information:
- Your Sideline number
- The exact date and time of the sent message (including time zone)
- Your contact's phone number(s)
- Is it happening with all outgoing messages or select Contacts? (please specify)
- Type of message [i.e. SMS(text) or MMS(picture/video)]
- Single message or group message?
- Screenshot of any error messages