Have you experienced an inbound Sideline call going to your cell number, rather than your Sideline number?
While we have systems in place to ensure this doesn't happen, there may be instances out of our control in which your inbound calls could be routed to your cell number instead of your Sideline number. These instances are outlined below:
- If you decline an incoming Sideline call - avoid declining your incoming calls to your Sideline number. Instead, just simply let the call ring through or turn your "Forward Calls to Voicemail" on.
- If you do not have cell service on your phone - if you know you're going to be in an area without cell service, try enabling "Call Announcement" or "Forward Calls to Voicemail".
- If you have "do-not-disturb" turned on through your device Settings - if you need to avoid distractions during your day, we would suggest turning on "Forward Calls to Voicemail" to make sure any calls are still routed properly.
If you said 'YES' to any of the above scenarios, you can enable one of the following options below to prevent calls from routing to your personal cell number:
Enable "Forward Calls to Voicemail" in Sideline Settings
OR Enable "Call Announcement" in Sideline Settings
- You cannot enable both "Call Announcement" and "Forward Calls to Voicemail" through your Sideline settings.
- If you're part of Team Number, you will not have a "Forward Calls to Voicemail" Setting, so please enable "Call Announcement" as an alternative solution to any of the above scenarios.
If you have further questions or need help troubleshooting after you have tested the above steps, please feel free to email us!