Have a number already that you'd like to use as your Sideline number? To help you out, we put together a guide for everything you'll need to successfully port your number from GoDaddy SmartLine
Once you have created your Sideline account, chosen a temporary Sideline number, and unlocked your GoDaddy SmartLine number, go to Number Porting in the Sideline settings.
To unlock your number:
- Send an email request to numberunlock@GoDaddy.com from the email address that's listed on your GoDaddy account in order to unlock your SmartLine number.
Here's everything you'll need:
- You can usually find your account number in the upper right-hand corner of any bill or invoice you have.
- You can also find it in your online account.
- You won't be able to find your PIN on any bill or invoice.
- Your PIN would have been given to you by GoDaddy and is usually pre-selected.
- To learn what your PIN is you can visit GoDaddy's SmartLine Help Center.
Billing Telephone Number
- If you're transferring from an account that has only one line, enter the number that you're transferring.
- If you're transferring from an account that has multiple lines, contact GoDaddy to find out which number is your billing telephone number.
Account Owner's Name
- If you're the only person on the account, please enter your name.
- If you're on a family or shared plan, the account owner's name will be in the address portion of your bill.
- This can either be the address where you GoDaddy bills are sent to or the retail location where your service was activated.
- To find out what the correct address is, contact GoDaddy.
For further information on porting into Sideline, please see Godaddy's Help site article, "Port my number to another provider."
If you receive some kind of error code while trying to port your number in, or if you have any other questions or problems about Sideline, please submit a request.