Clearing cache, whether it be on your phone or browser is an important step in improving the functionality of your Sideline app.
If you are experiencing any of the following issues within Sideline on your Android device:
- Missed calls (no ringing)
- Calls going straight to voicemail
- Performance issues: Crashing, freezing, slowness/delay within the app
- Sideline Web: Unable to login via Safari web browser
Then clearing cache should help to resolve one or more of the issues above and is a good step to take for routine maintenance of your Sideline app.
To clear cache on your Android device:
- Go to the Settings menu
- Either through your notification shade (drop-down) or through the Settings app in your app drawer
- Scroll down to “Apps”
- This may be renamed to something like Applications or Application Manager.
- Scroll down to Sideline
- You will see a list of items that give you information about the app, including Storage, Permissions, Memory Use, and more.
- Click on Storage (under usage)
- You should now see the Clear Data and Clear Cache buttons for the application.
- Click on Clear Cache
If you have further questions or are still experiencing trouble with the app after clearing cache, please submit a request.