Please see the following FAQs below on how voicemail works with Enterprise.
- Is there a general voicemail?
- Does each line have its own unique voicemail?
- Can I create a custom voicemail greeting?
- Can I upload a pre-recorded greeting to the Auto-Attendant line?
- Can I disable the voicemail feature?
Is there a general voicemail?
Yes. Generally pressing '0' will direct the caller to the general inbox. All voicemails left here would then be sent as an audio file to the email listed on file.
Please Note: This greeting cannot be customized.
Does each line have its own unique voicemail?
Yes, each line on Enterprise has its own unique voicemail (not shared).
Can I create a custom voicemail greeting?
With Enterprise, you have the option to do one of the following below:
- Use the text-to-speech greeting
- Record your own voice greeting
- The text-to-speech option only allows up to 20 edits/changes per day. Once you reach the maximum attempt, you will not be able to edit your Auto-Attendant until after 24 hours.
Pro-tip: When recording a voice greeting, we recommend using headphones with a built-in microphone as this will provide the best quality.
Can I upload a pre-recorded greeting to the Auto-Attendant line?
No. Neither you nor Sideline Support has the ability to upload a pre-recorded greeting for Auto-Attendant. All greetings have to be recorded as new & added through the Admin Web Portal.
Can I disable the voicemail feature?
We do not offer the ability for you to disable the voicemail functionality at this time.
If you have any further questions, please submit a request.