This article answers common Team Number questions and will help you get started using this feature.
- How much is Team Number?
- Does Team Number have a primary account holder?
- Is Team Number compatible with Enterprise?
- What are the limitations with Team Number?
- Does Auto-Reply work with Team Number?
- Can I change my registered phone number with Team Number?
- Can I change my Sideline number with Team Number?
- If you delete a message on one device of a Team Number account, does the message delete from one device or all?
- Can I upload a custom VM mp3 to a teams account?
- Can I forward calls to voicemail?
- Can I turn off Call Announcement?
- Can I move from a Team Number account to an individual account?
- Are contacts shared across all devices?
- Can individual team members have their own text message signature?
- Can I transfer a call to another team member after I answer the call?
How much is Team Number?
Team number pricing is similar to a Sideline individual subscription, but only one subscription is required per team to use Team Number.
Does Team Number have a primary account holder?
Team Number does not have a primary account holder.
Therefore, any member can remove each other at any time. The only way to get the previous person back on the account is having the person currently enrolled into Team Number to re-invite them.
Is Team Number compatible with Enterprise?
Team Number is not compatible with Enterprise. For more information, visit our Benefits of having an Enterprise account article.
What are the limitations with Team Number?
Team Number does not allow:
- Access to Sideline Web Messaging
- VoIP Calling option
- Forward calls to voicemail
- Shared contacts (contacts are pulled from your device's address book, so only your contacts will display for your account)
Please visit our Help Site article: What are the limitations with Team Number? for more information.
Does Auto-Reply work with Team Number?
Yes, you can use Auto-Reply with Team Number. However, there is only one Auto-Reply allowed per account. This means that each individual member cannot have a separate/different auto-reply.
Can I change my registered phone number for Team Number?
Yes, you can. Visit our Help site article: How to change my registered phone number for Team Number for more information.
Can I change my Team Number?
Yes, but you will need opt-out of Team Number and choose a new number.
Please Note: All data will be lost, as you're essentially starting fresh.
For further information and step-by-step instructions, please visit our help site article: Can I change my Team Number?
If you delete a message on one device of a Team Number account, does the message delete from one device or all?
If the message is older than 72 hours, it will be deleted from the one device.
If the message is "new" (received within 72 hours) it will be deleted from ALL devices.
Can I upload a custom VM mp3 to a teams account?
Yes, but the file must follow these guidelines:
- Max 1MB in size
- Recorded at 8KhZ
- Added to the APN Account ID
Please send us an email with the recording and your Sideline number and we will upload it for you.
Can I forward calls to voicemail?
No. With Team Number, the only redirect status available is to have Call Announcement on, unless it is a team of ONE.
Can I turn off Call Announcement?
Yes, but only if there is only one person as part of the team. If you have more than one person on your team, Call announcement cannot be turned off as that is how we ensure the calls are being directed properly across multiple devices.
For more information on how Call Announcement works on Team Number, visit our Call Announcement on Team Number article.
Can I move from a Team Number account to an individual account?
We do not have the ability to revert a customer down to an individual account at this time. If you are the only person on the account, you can use Sideline as you would with an individual account (ability to turn off Call Announcement)
Are contacts shared across all devices?
No, Contacts are saved per device. The contact list in your account is synced to your phone address book. Since we do not separate personal vs. business contacts in Sideline, they will not share across all team members.
Can individual team members have their own text message signature?
No, the same signature will be shared across all devices. If you wish to have different signatures for your employees, consider switching to an Enterprise account.
Can I transfer a call to another team member after I answer the call?
Unfortunately, you cannot transfer/forward a call to another member after it has been answered.
We understand the benefit of transferring the call to the team member that your customer wishes to speak to, but that capability is not available at this time.
If you have further questions about Team Number, please let us know.