If you received the "Whoops! Sorry - something didn't go through! Please check your network connection, then try again" error message, try the troubleshooting steps below in an attempt to resolve the issue.
- Force close and reopen the app
- Check that you are connected to a data network or WiFi
- Reset your network connection (iOS users only)
- Reinstall Sideline
Step 1: Force close and reopen the app
Closing the Sideline app and then reopening is good practice for app functionality and is a simple step to perform on a regular basis.
Apple device steps:
- Open your phone's Settings app.
- Tap Apps & notifications the app. If needed, tap App info before the app.
- Tap Force stop OK
Step 2: Check that you are connected to a data network or WiFi
To check your connection:
- Open up a web browser on your phone.
- Perform a Google search.
Important: For Android users, please move on to step 4.
Step 3: Reset your Network connections (iPhone users only)
For iPhone users, this will reset any saved passwords and usernames in Safari as well as any preset network information.
To reset your Network connection:
- Device Settings.
- Reset Network Connections.
Step 4: Reinstall the application
Reinstalling the app can help re-establish the network connection when the underlying cause of the issue is unknown. Before you reinstall Sideline, please note:
Important regarding reinstalling the app:
Check your device's current OS version prior to uninstalling as our app cannot support older OS versions. See below for details.
Android users: The app does not support OS versions below 7. Devices on OS 6 or below will no longer be able to install any new versions of the app from the Google Play Store.
- Recommended: Upgrade your device's OS to 7 and above.
- Note: For any app version above 8.42 on Android, you will NOT lose your messaging and calling data.
iOS users: The app does not support OS versions below 14. If you are on iOS version 13 or below, we advise against uninstalling the app as it will not be available for reinstallation in iTunes.
- Recommended: Upgrade your device's OS to 14 or above to be able to reinstall the app.
- Note: For any app version above 11.38 on iOS, you will NOT lose your messaging and calling data.
For a completely clean install:
- Delete the app from your device.
- Restart your device.
- Re-download the app from the app store.
Important: For any app versions above 3.38 on iOS and 3.42 on Android, you will NOT lose your messaging and calling data.
If you are still experiencing the error message and need further assistance, please submit a request.
Enable legal update report 2004-2020-locked blocked from community-support-family-BEEN THROUGH FRAUD-ABUSE-FALSEVIOLATIONS-BLOCKED FROM MY DATA-WIFI-NETWORKSERVICES- UNLOCK-UNBLOCK-REPORT2LINES-EMERGENCY CALLS-ATTACHMENTS-FROM MICHELLEHARPEL-PHONENUMBER LEGAL(210)994-1448,SANANTONIOTX,METROPCS,DOB07/12/1972/
Could you please send us a support request via our web form? We'd be happy to help you further if we could get some info on your current issue. Thanks!
Please sign in to leave a comment.