If you received the "Whoops! Sorry - something didn't go through! Please check your network connection, then try again" error message, try the troubleshooting steps below in an attempt to resolve the issue.
- Force close and reopen the app
- Check that you are connected to a data network or WiFi
- Reset your network connection (iOS users only)
- Reinstall Sideline
Step 1: Force close and reopen the app
Closing the Sideline app and then reopening is good practice for app functionality and is a simple step to perform on a regular basis.
Apple device steps:
- Open your phone's Settings app.
- Tap Apps & notifications the app. If needed, tap App info before the app.
- Tap Force stop OK
Step 2: Check that you are connected to a data network or WiFi
To check your connection:
- Open up a web browser on your phone.
- Perform a Google search.
Important: For Android users, please move on to step 4.
Step 3: Reset your Network connections (iPhone users only)
For iPhone users, this will reset any saved passwords and usernames in Safari as well as any preset network information.
To reset your Network connection:
- Device Settings.
- Reset Network Connections.
Step 4: Reinstall the application
Reinstalling the app can help re-establish the network connection when the underlying cause of the issue is unknown. Before you reinstall Sideline, please note:
- Sideline does not support OS versions below 7. Devices on OS 6 or below can still use the app, but will no longer be able to install any new versions of the app from the Google Play Store, which often contain bug fixes or updates to the existing features or functionality.
- Recommended: Upgrade your device's OS to 7 and above to receive any future updates to Sideline.
- Sideline does not support iOS versions below 13. In order to use Sideline, you must have iOS 13, 14, or 15+ on your device.
For a completely clean install:
- Delete the app from your device.
- Restart your device.
- Re-download the app from the app store.
Important: For any app versions above 3.38 on iOS and 3.42 on Android, you will NOT lose your messaging and calling data.
If you are still experiencing the error message and need further assistance, please submit a request.