As a Sideline Pro subscriber, you have access to the 'Reminders' feature which allows you to schedule automated texts reminding your clients and customers about their upcoming meetings and/or appointments.
- Getting Started/Setup
- Creating Reminders
- Using Reminders
Check out the feature guide below to get an overview of how to set up and send a Reminder.
In order to use the Reminders feature, you will need to have a "business profile" set up (this has most likely been completed already if you have set up Shortcuts.) See the screenshot below for what the business Profile setup looks like.
Please note: If you have already set up your profile, you may move onto step 1 seen below.
Step 1. Allow Sideline access to your calendar
In order to use the Reminders feature, you will need to allow Sideline Pro access to your calendar(s).
We need access to your calendar(s) in order to link your existing appointments in your iOS calendar(s) to your Sideline Pro calendar which will enable you to use the Reminders feature.
- Tap 'Allow' to give Sideline permission to access your iOS calendar.
- We only support calendars linked to the Calendar on iPhone at this time
- examples of non-iOS calendars would include any apps downloaded from the app store
- If you deny access, you will be unable to sync your calendar, thus having to manually duplicate calendar info over to Sideline
Step 2. Choose which calendar(s) to link to Sideline Pro
Pro Tip: We suggest only selecting calendars with events that you want Sideline to send reminders for, otherwise, your Reminders calendar could get a bit cluttered.
Important: At least 1 calendar must be selected to proceed.
After you have completed the steps above (created a business profile (if applicable), enabled calendar access, and chosen which calendar(s) to link to Sideline Pro), you will need to create your Reminders.
Step 1. Create your Reminder template
We recommend you set up/create an appointment template for use with your reminders. As a default, the reminder will say:
"You have an appointment with [Your name/Company] on [Date] at [Start Time]. Reply YES to confirm, or call/text [insert your Sideline number] to reschedule."
When you are satisfied with your reminder text (and have verified the information for accuracy), please tap 'Save.' (You will see the screenshot below when you have successfully set up a template.)
Note: You can edit the text for each individual reminder at the time you schedule the Reminder.
- You can edit/delete the default text except for the block of text "on [Date] at [Start time]" as this is required to specify the appointment details to your customer
- The date/time is pulled directly from the event in your calendar to ensure accuracy
- The Name/Company and logo portion will be pulled from the information you added to your business profile
- You can tap the '+ Add My Logo' if your business logo does not populate by default
Step 2. Select a Delivery Time
Along with your appointment reminder text, you will need to select the time prior to the appointment that the reminder will be sent.
By default, the reminder is scheduled to send '24 hours before' the appt.
Important: You can change the time for individual appointments after you select a default time during the setup process.
Delivery time options:
- 24 hours before (default)
- 2 days before
- 3 days before
- 7 days before
- 14 days before
Now that you've set up your default appointment reminder message and delivery time, you can explore the Reminders feature and how to maximize its functionality with your calendar.
To view your calendar which includes your existing appointments:
- Sideline Pro 'Settings'
- Tap 'Reminders'
- You will see your daily appointments in a list
- Only events for the current date and up to three months after the current date will be displayed
- All-day events will not be displayed in the calendar
Navigating the Calendar view
- Vertical line (color) represents the calendar that contains the appointment/event
- Reminder Status: Shown under the appointment
- Unscheduled (Blank under appointment): Reminder is not scheduled for this appointment
- Scheduled: Reminder is scheduled but has not sent yet
- Sent: Reminder has been sent, either as a scheduled reminder or "Send Now" (see below)
You have two options when it comes to scheduling an appointment/meeting reminder:
- Send Now
Choosing 'Schedule' allows you to set the delivery time, verify the Reminder message, and the recipient information prior to setting a reminder.
The 'Send Now' option allows you to simply send the appointment reminder 'in the moment' as opposed to scheduling it for a future date.
Conditions for the above options:
- Reminder must contain at least one valid recipient
- Reminder message text contains at least one character
Unscheduling a Reminder
When a reminder has already been scheduled, you have the option to 'unschedule' an existing reminder.
- Tap the appointment in the calendar view
- Tap 'Unschedule Reminder'
Note: You may edit the recipient and Reminder message at this point. If you wish to do so, you must tap 'Update' (at the top right) to save the changes you made.
If you have further questions on Reminders, please submit a request.