This article gives you as a Sideline Pro user, the answers to your most commonly asked questions regarding Broadcast messaging. You will find information on how to add or remove recipients, as well as how to rename your Broadcasts which will help you keep your marketing messages organized.
Click the question below to learn more:
- How many people can I add to one Broadcast message?
- Can I delete a Broadcast message?
- Can I add or remove contacts in a Broadcast message?
- Can I name a Broadcast message?
- Can a recipient opt-out of my Broadcast messages?
- Do you have preformatted templates for use with Broadcast messaging?
How many people can I add to a Broadcast message?
One Broadcast message can have up to 50 recipients.
Can I delete a Broadcast message?
You are unable to delete a Broadcast message from the inbox screen at this time (as you would normally delete an individual message by swiping left.)
However, this functionality should be available later this year. Thank you for your patience!
Can I add or remove contacts in a Broadcast message?
A new and improved feature of Broadcast is the ability to edit existing Broadcast message recipients. This means you can take an existing Broadcast message and add recipients to the list (still a max of 50 recipients/message) or remove them.
To edit your recipient list:
- View your Sideline inbox
- Tap on the Broadcast message you wish to edit
- Tap 'Broadcast' (or the unique name of the Broadcast conversation) on the top of the conversation screen
- A 'Broadcast Details' screen will populate and from there you can add or remove recipients
- Add > Tap 'Edit' > Search or scroll until you find the recipients you wish to add (you may also type in a new phone number to add to the list)
- Remove > swipe right then tap on the red 'Remove' button
Tip for adding recipients: A 'counter' to show the number of recipients in the current list will show at the top of the screen so that you know how close you are to the max of 50/message.
Visit our Broadcast article for more information.
Can I name a Broadcast message?
You can now rename your Broadcast messages to create unique names to stay organized.
- View your Sideline inbox
- Tap on the Broadcast message you wish to rename
- Tap 'Broadcast' on the top of the conversation screen
- A 'Broadcast Details' screen will populate and from there you can enter the name as well as see the list of recipients included in that Broadcast currently.
Note: You cannot have two Broadcast messages with the same name.
Can a recipient opt-out of my Broadcast messages?
Yes, any recipient who is included in your Broadcast message can opt-out at any time.
How will you know if someone opted out?
You should receive the unsubscribe request in the 1:1 conversation with the recipient in your inbox.
Note: The recipient can unsubscribe at any time by texting 'START' to your message.
Do you have preformatted templates for use with Broadcast messaging?
Yes, we have professional templates that are available to use with Reminders. All you have to do is:
- Visit the Sideline Pro Resource Center for Broadcast
- Browse the available templates and choose which one(s) you wish to use
- Click the button to copy the Broadcast template text to your clipboard
- Enter Sideline Settings
- Click 'Broadcast' and enter the recipients to your list
- Paste the copied text into the message field
- Important: add in your custom business details in the [brackets]
- Click 'Send' once you have reviewed your Broadcast message for accuracy
If you have further questions regarding the Broadcast feature, please visit the What is Broadcast? article or click the submit a request button below.