This article gives you as a Sideline Pro iOS user, the answers to your most commonly asked questions regarding Broadcast messaging.
Frequently asked questions:
- How many people can I add to one Broadcast message?
- How many Broadcasts can I send per day?
- Can I delete a Broadcast message?
- Can I add or remove contacts in a Broadcast message?
- Can I name a Broadcast message?
- Can a recipient opt out of my Broadcast messages?
- If a recipient opts out of the Broadcast message, can I still have a 1:1 conversation with them?
- Can I schedule a Broadcast message to be sent at a specific date/time?
How many people can I add to a Broadcast message?
One Broadcast message can now have up to 50 recipients.
How many Broadcasts can I send per day?
There is no set answer to this question because it depends on a couple of factors such as, how many recipients you include in each Broadcast and if you have reached CTIA's (Cellular Telecommunications and Internet Association) threshold for daily message count.
Please review this article: What does the "Approaching Carrier Limit" warning message mean? for more information on those guidelines and how they might have an impact on Broadcast messaging.
Can I delete a Broadcast message?
Yes, you can delete a Broadcast message by swiping left on the Broadcast and then tapping the red delete button. Deleting a Broadcast list can be done from your inbox or from Settings. (More info)
Can I add or remove contacts in a Broadcast message?
Yes, you can easily manage a Broadcast recipient list. Visit our Broadcast article for instructions.
Can I name a Broadcast message?
Yes, you can now rename your Broadcast messages to create unique names to stay organized. (More info)
Note: You cannot have two Broadcast messages with the same name.
Can a recipient opt out of my Broadcast messages?
- Yes, any recipient who is included in your Broadcast message can opt-out at any time.
- To opt-out (recipient): Recipient types CANCEL as a response to the Broadcast.
How will you know if someone opted out?
You should receive the unsubscribe request as a message in the 1:1 conversation with the recipient in your inbox.
Note: The recipient can resubscribe to your Broadcast messages at any time by texting START to your message.
If a recipient opts out of the Broadcast message, can I still have a 1:1 conversation with them?
Yes, even though the recipient opted out of your Broadcast messages, you can still communicate with them via text (1:1 or group message), but any future messages sent through the Broadcast group will NOT be delivered to them.
Can I schedule a Broadcast message to be sent at a specific date/time?
There is no option to schedule a Broadcast message to send at a specific date and/or time, unfortunately. However, if you'd like to prep/draft your Broadcast message to send at a later date, you may do so.