This article gives you as a Sideline Pro user, the answers to your most commonly asked questions regarding Broadcast messaging. You will find information on how to add or remove recipients, as well as how to rename your Broadcasts which will help you keep your messages organized.
Click the question below to learn more:
- How many people can I add to one Broadcast message?
- How many Broadcasts can I send/day?
- Can I delete a Broadcast message?
- Can I add or remove contacts in a Broadcast message?
- Can I name a Broadcast message?
- Can a recipient opt-out of my Broadcast messages?
How many people can I add to a Broadcast message?
One Broadcast message can have up to 50 recipients.
How many Broadcasts can I send/day?
There is no set answer to this question because it depends on a couple of factors such as, how many recipients you include in each Broadcast and if you have reached CTIA's threshold for daily message count.
Please review this article: What does the "Approaching Carrier Limit" warning message mean? for more information on those guidelines and how they might have an impact on Broadcast messaging.
For information on Broadcast message compliance, please visit: (Pro) Compliance for Broadcast messages
Can I delete a Broadcast message?
You are unable to delete a Broadcast message from the inbox screen at this time (as you would normally delete an individual message by swiping left.)
However, this functionality should be available later this year. Thank you for your patience!
Can I add or remove contacts in a Broadcast message?
A new and improved feature of Broadcast is the ability to edit existing Broadcast message recipients. This means you can take an existing Broadcast message and add recipients to the list (still a max of 50 recipients/message) or remove them.
To edit your recipient list:
- View your Sideline inbox
- Tap on the Broadcast message you wish to edit
- Tap 'Broadcast' (or the unique name of the Broadcast conversation) on the top of the conversation screen
- A 'Broadcast Details' screen will populate and from there you can add or remove recipients
- Add > Tap 'Edit' > Search or scroll until you find the recipients you wish to add (you may also type in a new phone number to add to the list)
- As noted above, you must have the written consent of those recipients to send them marketing messages
- Remove > swipe right then tap on the red 'Remove' button
Tip for adding recipients: A 'counter' to show the number of recipients in the current list will show at the top of the screen so that you know how close you are to the max of 50/message.
Visit our Broadcast article for more information.
Can I name a Broadcast message?
You can now rename your Broadcast messages to create unique names to stay organized.
- View your Sideline inbox
- Tap on the Broadcast message you wish to rename
- Tap 'Broadcast' on the top of the conversation screen
- A 'Broadcast Details' screen will populate and from there you can enter the name as well as see the list of recipients included in that Broadcast currently.
Note: You cannot have two Broadcast messages with the same name.
Can a recipient opt-out of my Broadcast messages?
Yes, any recipient who is included in your Broadcast message can opt-out at any time.
How will you know if someone opted out?
You should receive the unsubscribe request in the 1:1 conversation with the recipient in your inbox.
Note: The recipient can resubscribe at any time by texting 'START' to your message.