This article gives you as a Sideline Pro user, the answers to your most commonly asked questions regarding Shortcuts. You will find information on how to set up and use Shortcut messages, and how Shortcuts can benefit you and your business by saving you time while increasing your efficiency.
- What are Shortcuts?
- How will using Shortcuts benefit me and my business?
- How many Shortcut responses can I have?
- Can I choose when my business logo sent?
- What are some use cases for Shortcuts?
- Do you have preformatted Shortcut templates available?
What are Shortcuts?
Shortcuts are customizable one-tap messages that streamline the repetitive tasks your business takes when communicating with your customers.
You can save and reuse your customized messages to be used when most appropriate to ensure a personal connection is made with your customers at the moment that means the most.
How will using Shortcuts benefit me and my business?
Shortcuts allow you to quickly respond to your existing or new customer base and let them know that their call is important to you. With more emphasis on texting over calling in business, Shortcuts are a great way to keep your customers at bay and not shop elsewhere.
How many Shortcut responses can I have?
You are allowed up to six Shortcuts at a time. If you would like to add new Shortcuts, please delete an old one and replace it with a new response.
Can I choose when my business logo is sent?
Every time you send a Shortcut to a customer, your logo will be sent. That is if you have a logo saved for that particular response (optional).
For more information, view our article on How to use Shortcuts
What are some use cases for Shortcuts?
That all depends on your type of Business. Some example responses can include (but are not limited to):
- Thank you response - Thank the customer for their time and advise them to reach out for additional questions
- Follow-up response - Reach out to the customer to follow-up on a variety of things; a quote you sent to them, an email, etc.
- Referral Request - Thank the customer for their business and ask for a referral. Some business owners even include a discount if they refer your business.
Do you have preformatted Shortcut templates available?
Yes, we have professional templates that are available to use with Shortcuts. All you have to do is:
- Visit the Sideline Pro Resource Center for Shortcuts
- Browse the available templates and choose which one(s) you wish to use
- Click the button to copy the Shortcut template text to your clipboard
- Enter Sideline Settings
- Click 'Shortcuts'
- Tap 'Create New' or edit an existing Shortcut
- Paste the template text into the message field
- Important: Edit any custom business details in the [brackets] prior to saving
- Click 'Save' once satisfied with your template
If you have additional questions or feedback on the Shortcuts feature, please submit a request.