The Contact Panel is a Sideline Pro feature that allows you to take quick actions upon completing a call with your customer. Below you will find the benefits & features of the Contact Panel along with the requirements needed for it to display.
What is the Contact Panel?
The Contact Panel is an added functionality to Sideline Pro that allows you to take quick action(s) upon completing a call with a new or existing customer.
In detail, it is an innovative design element that makes customer management tools available in the moment you need them most—right after that important call.
Check out the Feature Guide below to get an overview of the options you have in the Contact Panel.
Features within the Contact Panel
There are two types of actions you can perform while in the Contact Panel:
- Contacts: Add name, approve the suggested name & add company name (optional)
- feature article for more information: How to import, create, edit and delete contacts
- Notes: Add information/notes relative to the customer
- feature article for more information: How 'Notes' work with Sideline Pro
Benefits of the Contact Panel
The Contact Panel has many value-added benefits for you and your business needs. Some are mentioned below, but trying it out will allow you to experience the benefits that meet your needs:
- Allows you to take action(s) immediately after your last call with a customer. Whether it be saving their contact name, sending a follow-up text, or taking notes on the conversation you just had. This helps to show your customers that their call is important to you.
- Ability to save the contact name with one tap instantly - thus saving time.
Requirements for the Contact Panel to be displayed
The following requirements have to be met in order to trigger the Contact Panel to populate:
- Incoming call duration greater than 60 seconds
- Outgoing call duration greater than 1 second
- The number is not an unknown or blocked number
Note: If your phone locks while the Contact Panel is populated and you go back into the app, you will lose the Contact Panel screen.
If you dismiss the Contact Panel without adding notes or saving the contact name, the unknown number will NOT be shown in your Sideline Contacts.
Now that you know what the Contact Panel is and how it will greatly benefit your business, check out our article on How to populate & dismiss the Contact Panel
If you have further questions about the Contac Panel, please submit a request.