The Contact Panel enables Sideline Pro users to take a quick action upon completing a call with a customer.
There are certain instances when the Contact Panel will populate and when it will not. This article will help explain how you can trigger the Contact Panel to populate, and the best practice on using the Contact Panel.
Initial requirements for the Contact Panel to populate:
- Incoming call duration is greater than 60 seconds
- Outgoing call duration is greater than 1 second
- The number is not an unknown or blocked number
When the app is open:
- The Contact Panel will automatically be displayed in Sideline
When the app is in the background or when the phone is locked:
- A push notification is sent (when opened, Sideline will open and the Contact Panel will populate)
- Click on the notification to trigger the Contact Panel and open the Sideline app
Note: Due to iOS restrictions (out of our control) when the Sideline app is backgrounded, the only way to open the Sideline app (which activates the Contact Panel) is for you to open up the push notification (i.e we cannot open the app for you)
- Contact Panel is always displayed over the conversation screen
Dismiss the Contact Panel
- Manually: To dismiss the Contact Panel manually at any time, tap on the "X" under the text responses, or swipe the Contact Panel down.
- Automatically: The Contact Panel will also be dismissed when you background/exit out of the Sideline app.
- Interruption: If a second Sideline call comes through and you answer it, the Contact Panel from the first call is dismissed automatically regardless of whether the second call triggers the Contact Panel or not.
Important: If you dismiss the Contact Panel without adding notes or saving the contact name, the unknown number will NOT be shown in your Sideline Contacts.
If you have questions or experience any issues with the Contact Panel, please submit a request.