We understand the value of separating customer contacts from personal contacts. As a Sideline Pro subscriber, the only contacts that will show in the Pro app will be your business contacts. Your personal contacts will now be in your iPhone address book only.
Click the information below to learn more.
- Importing your iOS contacts into Sideline
- Creating a new contact
- Editing a contact
- Deleting a contact
Importing iOS contacts into Sideline
Existing Sideline Standard users who upgrade to Pro: The Sideline contacts you've communicated with previously on your account will be automatically saved to your Sideline Pro Contacts.
Important: If you have uninstalled the app in the past, or deleted a conversation prior to installing Sideline Pro, those Sideline contacts who you communicated with beforehand (via Sideline) may not be saved to your new Sideline Pro Contact list.
The following information is copied from your iOS contacts to Sideline when you import/add from iPhone:
- Previous Notes
- Existing contact fields
How to add an iPhone Contact into Sideline:
- Click on the address book in the app
- Click on the green + on the top right corner of the screen
- Click "Add Contacts from iPhone"
- Scroll to find the contact(s) name you wish to import and 'tap'
- Note: You can select multiple contacts to upload at a time by clicking on their names.
- You will see the message "1 contact imported successfully" (or the specific # if you choose to upload multiple contacts at once)
Please note: If you import the same contact more than once, it will be duplicated in your Sideline Address book.
Not to worry, you can easily remove the duplicate. See below on "Deleting a contact"
Creating a new contact
You can manually add a business contact to Sideline at any time. The following contact fields are available with Sideline Pro:
- First & Last Name
- Phone Number
- Email Address
- Text Tone
The fields that can have multiple entries are phone number, email, URL and physical address.
Editing a contact
This means that if you make an edit to your contact in the Sideline address book, it will not sync to your iPhone address book and vice versa.
If you have business contacts in your iOS address book, you can import them manually or create a new contact in Sideline (see above for instructions).
To make an edit to an existing contact:
- Click the contact
- Click "Edit" on the top right of the screen
- Make the edits and click "Done"
Deleting a contact
- Open your Sideline address book
- Scroll or search to find the contact you wish to delete > tap
- Click "Edit" on the top right
- Scroll down to the bottom and click "Delete"
If you have further questions on how to manage your Contacts, please submit a request.