This article defines the Sideline Pro Broadcast feature, outlines the benefits for you and your business, and explains how to create, send, and edit a Broadcast message.
- What is Broadcast?
- How to send a Broadcast
- How to verify the number & list of recipients
- Editing an existing Broadcast
What is Broadcast?
Broadcast is a feature available for Sideline Pro users who wish to "broadcast" the same message to multiple contacts at once which can easily help boost your business efforts.
Benefits of Broadcast
- Name a Broadcast message - Rename the different Broadcast conversations to keep organized
- Add/remove recipients in an existing Broadcast list
- Quickly text up to 50 contacts per Broadcast message
- "One-on-one conversation style" with the quickness of group messaging- (similar to email bcc) which allows you to keep the conversation going in a private manner
- Ability to click on an existing Broadcast conversation in your inbox for future messages that you wish to send to your customers (eliminates the need to create a new Broadcast message with the recipients)
For information on Broadcast message compliance, please visit: (Pro) Compliance for Broadcast messages
After reading the information above, check out the feature guide below to see how Broadcast works.
How to create & send a Broadcast message
- View your Sideline inbox.
- Tap the 'Compose message' icon.
- Tap or swipe the 'Broadcast' tab on the top-right of the screen.
- Note: You can also send a Broadcast via Pro Settings > Broadcast.
- The first time you go to send a Broadcast, an 'Understanding Broadcast Regulations' pop-up will be presented. You'll need to click 'Continue' if you agree to the terms in order to send Broadcast messages.
- Type in the first contact name or add their phone number in the "To:" screen.
- Important: If the recipient's number is not SMS enabled (a landline number for example), you won't be able to send them a Broadcast message & they won't be displayed in your list of contacts.
- Tap the '+' sign to add additional recipients from your Sideline Address Book.
- As noted above, you must have the written consent of those recipients to send them marketing messages
- There is a max of 50 recipients per Broadcast message.
- Tap to send the Broadcast message.
Note: After you send a Broadcast, you will see the message in your inbox with a blue 'Broadcast' under the recipients and a microphone icon.
To Verify the people you sent the message to:
- Tap the conversation with 'Broadcast' under the message you just sent
- Tap 'Broadcat' at the top of the conversation
- The number of people you sent the message to will show below this
- You will see 'Broadcast Details' which lists the recipient's name (if saved) and numbers
Please note: Any contact that has responded to the Broadcast will then be shown in your Sideline inbox as a 1:1 conversation (not in the Broadcast mesaage.)
Editing an existing Broadcast message
You have editing control with existing Broadcast messages. This includes the ability to name a Broadcast message as well as add/remove recipients in an existing message.
1. Name your Broadcast messages
Now you can give your Broadcast messages unique names that will help keep you organized. To name an existing Broadcast message:
- View your Sideline inbox.
- Tap on the Broadcast message you wish to rename.
- Tap 'Broadcast' on the top of the conversation screen.
- A 'Broadcast Details' screen will populate and from there you can enter the name as well as see the list of recipients included in that Broadcast currently.
Note: You cannot have two Broadcast messages with the same name.
2. Add/Remove recipients
Do you have an existing Broadcast message that you wish to add or remove members? If so, we have now made it easy to edit an existing Broadcast message without having to create a new one.
To edit your recipient list:
- View your Sideline inbox
- Tap on the Broadcast message you wish to edit
- Tap 'Broadcast' (or the unique name of the Broadcast conversation) on the top of the conversation screen
- A 'Broadcast Details' screen will populate and from there you can add or remove recipients
- Add > Tap 'Edit' > Search or scroll until you find the recipients you wish to add (you may also type in a new phone number to add to the list)
- Remove > Tap 'Edit' then uncheck the name of the contact you wish to remove from the Broadcast list.
If you have further questions in regards to the Broadcast feature, please submit a request.