The Sideline Pro "add/approve name" from the Contact Panel helps you as a business user/salesperson to save new numbers immediately after a call. This helps you save customer information and know who is calling you so that you never miss an important call.
There are three scenarios that occur in the Contact Panel:
- Number with name
- Number has no name and no suggestion
- Number with a suggested name
- How an unsaved/unknown number will appear in your Sideline contacts
Number with Name
- The name is displayed in the same fashion as it is in the inbox/conversation
- To Edit: Tap on the pre-populated name
Number has no name and no suggestion
- Tap on the "Add Name" button
- Type in the first and/or last name
- Tap "Save"
- If you wish to go back, tap "Cancel" and the info will remain unsaved.
Number with a suggested name
Sideline Pro offers a feature called Number ID. If we find a name that is associated with a certain phone number, the suggested name is seen below the phone number.
If the suggested name is correct:
- Tap "Yes" to save the contact name to the phone number
- Tap "No" if the suggested name is incorrect
- The "Edit" field will populate and you can input the correct information
- Tap "Save"
Note: If you tap "Cancel" you will be routed back to the suggested name state
How an unsaved/unknown number will appear in your Sideline contacts
While in the Contact Panel, if you do not save a name to an unknown phone number, but you input Notes, the phone number will be stored in your Sideline Contacts under:
- The # sign at the bottom of the address book
- The phone number will be displayed
Please note: If you do not input notes nor save the phone number with a name (from the Contact Panel), the phone number will show in your Sideline Inbox ONLY. It will NOT show in your Sideline Contacts (as described above)
If you have further questions on how to save your contacts from the Contact Panel or from your Sideline address book, please submit a request.