The sort order for your Sideline Contacts mimics the way your device sorts its contacts (i.e. First name and/or last name) with the exception of:
- If there is no first or last name for the contact, when you go to import it to Sideline, it will be shown at the bottom of your Sideline contacts in the # section
Note: This is not a recommended way to sort your contacts as the business name will not show under the letter it starts with.
The "Display Order" determines which part of the name is shown first, independent of how the list was sorted. For instance, "John Smith" or "Smith John".
The part of the name that was used for sorting is displayed in bold in your address book.
Other items to note:
- Favorited Contacts: The Sideline contacts that you "star" is shown at the top of the list, above all alphabetized contacts.
- Favorite contacts also appear in the alphabetized list.
- Suggested Contacts: The "maybe" contacts that we suggest through reverse phone lookup are listed at the bottom of your Sideline Contacts list under the # sign section.
- There is a "maybe" designator to clarify these are only suggested names.
- Note: You can confirm or edit the suggested names so that you ultimately save the correct name with the correlating phone number.
If you have further questions regarding how your Contacts are displayed, please submit a request.