While Sideline doesn't have a dedicated 'Business Hours' setting, we do have a suggested workaround using a combination of existing features: Auto-Reply to Calls, Auto-Reply to Texts, and Forward Calls to Voicemail.
Setting these up with this outcome in mind should help set the right expectations with customers who contact you or your business outside of your normal business hours.
What is 'Auto-Reply to Calls' and 'Auto-Reply to Texts'?
- Set up a bounce-back message that will be delivered to anyone who calls or texts you when you're not available to take calls and/or texts (SMS supported phone numbers only).
What is 'Forward Calls to Voicemail'?
- Ensures that any inbound calls will go straight to your Sideline voicemail, instead of being interrupted outside of your business hours.
- Pairing this feature with Auto-Reply to Calls can fully automate the handling of inbound calls during off-hours while still acknowledging your contacts, clients, or customers you're there for them.
- Note: Forward Calls to Voicemail is not supported on Team Number accounts
Example Auto-Reply to Calls
- Set the right expectations with your customers on your availability
- Don't forget to disable these features during your normal business hours so you don't miss important calls or texts
- Try setting up multiple Auto-Replies for different occasions such as holidays, known scheduling changes, attempts to connect with customers, etc.
- Add your business logo to Auto-Replies to add personalization and professionalism to your messages