You can certainly port your existing phone number into Team Number. With that being said, it is recommended you port your number into Sideline prior to adding team members, as this will save you time & prevent you from losing your current call/message history.
Accounts that do NOT have team members (i.e. no invites have been sent/accepted) at this time
- Disregard the steps below and follow the port-in steps seen HERE.
Accounts that include team members (invites have already been accepted):
- Follow the steps below.
Step 1: Remove members on the Team
Porting a number into a Team Number account that includes members will require you to first remove Team Number and its members (can't port into a Team account that already shares the number).
To remove the members on the team (including yourself):
- Follow Steps 1 AND 2 in this article (remove team members, then remove yourself from the team)
- After all members have been removed, you'll be presented with a pop-up containing two options relating to your current Sideline number:
- Be sure to choose "Keep Number & Leave Team" as this will keep your current calls and message history on the account.
After everyone has been removed and your account is back to a Sideline Standard account, you can begin to port your number into Sideline.
Step 2: Port into Sideline
- Go to Sideline Settings (in-app).
- Scroll down to Number Porting.
- Enter the number you would like to port in.
- Click Next.
- You will receive a text message to the phone number you are requesting to port. Please reply “yes” on that phone to continue.
- Enter the required port-in information.
Detailed instructions on the above (including visuals) can be found in this article.
- The port-in process will take roughly 3-5 business days to complete.
- To check the status of your port, go to your Sideline Settings.
Step 3: Re-invite team members to your account
Once you've completed the porting process, you can re-invite your teammates to share your new (ported-in) number.
- Go to Sideline Settings(in-app)
- Tap Team Number.
- Tap Set up Team Number for iOS or Invite Member for Android.
- Once you choose a contact, you will be asked to confirm that you want to share your number with that person.
For further assistance, please submit a request.