The newest improvement to Sideline Pro allows the ability to bulk import contacts from a third-party data source into your Pro address book.
Some of you may have your business contacts stored in a third-party data source such as Salesforce, Google contacts, Zoho, etc. If this applies to you, you will benefit from this import functionality as it allows you to perform a mass import (as opposed to having to add contacts in manually.)
If you need to export your Pro contacts, please submit a request as we’ll need to escalate this to our Legal Compliance team as a records request.
How to import
Please ensure you have the most updated version of Sideline on your phone and have your login credentials ready in order to complete this process.
Step 1: Download contacts to your computer
In order to import contacts from your data source into Sideline Pro, you will first need to download them onto your computer.
Step 2: Log into Sideline Web
- Visit https://www.sideline.com/ on your computer (please do not use mobile)
- Click 'Log In' > Web Messaging
- Insert your Sideline number and password and press enter
Step 3: Import contacts into Sideline Web
After you’ve successfully logged into Sideline Web, you will need to import your third-party contact list to Web.
- While in the Sideline Web inbox, click 'New: Import Contacts' (top-right above your Sideline number)
- A drop-down menu will open, from there, click ‘Import Contacts’
- A pop-up will appear prompting you to choose a .vcf file that contains your list of contacts
- After you have selected your .vcf file, you'll see your file name (under the "Select file" button)
- When ready, click ‘Import’
After you’ve begun importing your contacts without any errors, you will see an ‘Importing Contacts...’ message.
- The file you’re importing must be under 10,000 rows/contacts or you will receive an error message and request to import a smaller file.
- Any Contacts that aren’t a 100% match (ie: same exact contact name and number) will be duplicated in Sideline Pro.
Step 4: View Sideline Pro on mobile
After you’ve received the message (below), you may then open Sideline and use the app.
"Success! This list is now accessible in your Sideline contacts on mobile or when you compose a new message on desktop"
Important items to note:
- It may take some time for your mobile device to download a large contact list the first time you open the app after importing, so you may experience some slowness initially after the import.
- Your newly imported contacts might not show up instantly (and while the import is in progress)
If you have further questions or need assistance with importing your contacts to Pro, please submit a request.