Note: Inbox search is available for iOS users only. Android users do not have the inbox search capability at this time.
As a Sideline iOS subscriber, you have the ability to search your inbox using keywords to locate the specific message content you're looking for.
- View your inbox
- Drag down from the top of your inbox to populate the search bar
- Tap the search bar & type in your search*
- Tap 'search' on your keyboard to view the results of your search
- A list of applicable messages that contain the keyword(s) from your search will display
- Keyword(s) that directly relate to your search will be in bold
- If the keyword(s) appear more than once in any individual conversation, it will be displayed as multiple results (which allows you to locate the exact message you're looking for)
- Click into the conversation you want to view, and the exact message that correlates to your search will be displayed
In the example below, the Sideline user is searching for "San Jose" in their inbox to locate the specific address that was sent to them by their contact (John)
Note: The results are displayed by date and time, with the most recent communication at the top of the results list.
Tips for using search:
- Click the 'x' to clear the search bar or 'Cancel' to quit the search altogether and return to your inbox
- While viewing a message from the search result, you can tap 'Back' at any point to be taken back to your inbox where you can continue to look through other messages
Items to note:
- Keyword search is not case-sensitive
- While in the conversation, the message bubble that relates to your search is displayed in dark purple (indicating your message) and dark gray (recipients message) - as seen in the video above
*What you can search/filter in addition to keywords:
- Contact Name
Article is closed for comments.