IF YOU ARE RECEIVING THREATENING OR HARASSING TEXTS OR CALLS AND YOU BELIEVE YOU ARE IN PHYSICAL DANGER, PLEASE CONTACT YOUR LOCAL LAW ENFORCEMENT IMMEDIATELY.
If you're experiencing any type of harassment or threats from a Pinger user, please follow the steps below to address the issue. These directions apply to both Pinger users and non-Pinger users. If you are under the age of 18, please have your parent or guardian assist you.
We take all reports of abuse very seriously and will take necessary action against those users who abuse the services we provide.
What to do if you are receiving inappropriate text messages:
- Take a screenshot of the offending text message(s).
- Block the sender from texting you. (Click here for instructions on how to set a block.) They will be unaware that you’ve set a block against them.
- Report the user by submitting a request to our Abuse & Legal Compliance team (see below for what information to include.)
Information to include in request:
- Provide all of the phone number(s) that have been bothering you.
- Provide screenshot(s) of the offensive text messages (if applicable.)
- If you are a Pinger/Sideline user, please include your username (if applicable) and phone number.
- If you are not a Pinger/Sideline user, please provide the phone number that is receiving the offending messages.
What to do if you are receiving inappropriate calls:
- To prevent continued abuse, do not answer the calls.
- Submit a request to our Abuse & Legal Compliance Team with the offending Pinger phone number(s).
- Make sure to provide all of the phone number(s) that have been bothering you.
- If you are a Pinger user, please include your username and phone number.
- If you are not a Pinger user, please provide the number that is receiving the calls.
Article is closed for comments.