IF YOU ARE RECEIVING HARASSING OR THREATENING TEXTS OR CALLS, AND YOU BELIEVE YOU ARE IN PHYSICAL DANGER, CONTACT YOUR LOCAL LAW ENFORCEMENT IMMEDIATELY.
Using our services for abusive behavior is explicitly against our terms and conditions. Anyone caught harassing or threatening others will have their account disabled immediately.
If any Sideline users are abusing our service, please inform us.
Note: We cannot block a specific area code, only specific numbers.
If you're a Sideliner user and would like to block a number:
Tip: Take screenshots of the offending text message(s)/calls BEFORE you block a number/contact. We cannot export or send copies of your message or call history before or after blocking a number so please be sure to save any info for your records.
Using the Sideline app:
- In the inbox: Swipe left over the conversation you wish to block
- Tap 'Block'
- Once you tap Block, a new message will pop-up confirming that you want to block this contact
- Tap Block, and you’ll have successfully blocked this number
Important: Blocking a number will prevent any texts and/or calls from reaching your Sideline number. You can unblock the contact at any point in time; click here to learn more.
If you are NOT using our services, and you'd like to block a Sideline number:
- Take a screenshot of the offending text message(s)/calls, prior to following the additional steps
- Text STOP to the number you wish to block. Do not include anything else in this message (be sure to remove any signature in the message)
- We will auto-reply back to you with a message asking you to confirm. Once you confirm, this will completely block this user from sending messages to you. They will be unaware that you’ve set a block against them
You can lift a block at any time by sending a message to the number/contact you've blocked.
If you don't remember the number you've blocked, please reach out to our support team by submitting a request and include your Sideline number and the approximate date and time you set the block.
Article is closed for comments.