Sending and receiving messages through the Web is simple with Sideline Web Messaging. Many of our users find a benefit with online texting as it is an easy way to communicate with their colleagues.
To use this feature:
- Download and create a Sideline account via your app store (click for download link)
- Use your login credentials to sign in via the Web
If you forgot your password:
- Click the Trouble Logging In? button on the Web version to have a reset link sent to your registered phone number and/or email.
Once you're logged in, you will be taken straight to your inbox.
To start a new message:
- Tap the pencil/paper icon on the right of the inbox
- Type your message into the text field
- Press the green arrow or click enter to send
To continue with an existing conversation:
- Tap on the contact you'd like to chat with
- Follow steps 2-3 above to send a message
The arrow to the right of the contact name/number will allow you to do any of the following to the conversation (as pictured below):
- Rename (does not apply for group messages)
- Set text tone
- Delete Conversation
- Block number (does not apply for group messages)
Please Note: You will not be able to place or receive calls through the website. However, you will be able to see any missed calls and listen to your voicemail messages to help you stay connected.
(Android) To remove the sync with your Google Contacts:
- If you initially synced your Google contacts but wish to revert the sync, you can do so by clearing Cache. Please visit our Help Site article, "How to clear cache for Sideline on your Android device" for further instructions.
If you have any questions, please submit a request.