Sending and receiving messages through the Web is simple with Sideline Web Messaging. Many of our users find a benefit with online texting as it is an easy way to communicate with their colleagues.
What's included in this article:
- Send a new message
- Send a message to an existing conversation
- How contacts work with Sideline Web
- Deleting communications in Web
To use this feature:
- Download and create a Sideline account via your app store (click for download link)
- You need a cell phone number to register for an account, which you will use for logging into Sideline Web.
- Use your login credentials to sign in via the Web.
Don't have a cellphone number? You may be interested in our other application TextFree that uses your email for Web-based texting.
Once you're logged in, you will be taken straight to your inbox.
To start a new message:
- Tap the pencil/paper icon on the right of the inbox
- Type your message into the text field
- Press the green arrow or click enter to send
To continue with an existing conversation:
- Tap on the contact you'd like to chat with
- Follow steps 2-3 above to send a message
The arrow to the right of the contact name/number will allow you to do any of the following to the conversation (as pictured below):
- Rename (does not apply for group messages)
- Set text tone
- Delete Conversation
- Block number (does not apply for group messages)
Please Note: You will not be able to place or receive calls through the website. However, you will be able to see any missed calls and listen to your voicemail messages to help you stay connected.
Deleting communications in Web
You cannot delete individual messages, calls, or voicemails within a conversation while using Sideline Web, you only have the ability to delete an entire conversation.
If you wish to remove certain message(s) from Sideline Web, you will need to delete them from the app.
- Deleting messages/conversations/voicemails is a permanent action. They cannot be recovered by you or Sideline once they have been deleted.
- If you delete message(s) on Sideline mobile, they will also be deleted in Sideline Web.
- Tip 1: If your Web conversation contains the messages even after you've deleted them from the app, please refresh your web browser.
- Tip 2: If that doesn't work, try clearing your browser's cache & cookies.
To delete a conversation in Sideline Web:
- Locate the conversation in the inbox
- Click the green triangle next to the name/number to drop down the list of options
- Select Delete Conversation
- A pop-up will display to confirm the deletion > Click Delete
If you have any questions, please submit a request.