Sending and receiving messages through the Web is simple with Sideline Web Messaging. Many of our users find a benefit with online texting as it is an easy way to communicate with their colleagues.
To use this feature:
- Download and create a Sideline account via your app store (click for download link)
- Use your login credentials to sign in via the Web
Note: When logging in to the website, please enter either your mobile number or Sideline number.
If you forgot your password:
- Click the "Trouble Logging In?" button on the Web version to have a reset link sent to your registered phone number and/or email.
- To reset your password from the app's login page, tap Forgot Password. This will also send a reset link to your registered phone number.
Once you're logged in, you will be taken straight to your inbox.
To refresh your inbox:
- Click the arrow icon to the right of the Sideline logo at the top of the screen
To start a new message:
- Tap the pencil/paper icon on the right of the inbox
To continue with an existing conversation:
- Tap on the contact you'd like to chat with
The arrow to the right of the contact name/number will allow you to do any of the following to the conversation:
- Rename (does not apply for group messages)
- Set text tone
- Delete Conversation
- Block number (does not apply for group messages)
Please note: You will not be able to place or receive calls through the website nor view video messages. However, you will be able to see any missed calls and listen to your voicemail messages to help you stay connected.
Android: How to remove the sync with your Google Contacts:
If you initially synced your Google contacts but not wish to revert the sync, you can do so by clearing Cache. Please visit our Help Site article: How to clear cache for Sideline on your Android device for further instructions.
If you have any questions regarding Sideline Web messaging, please submit a request for more information.