Syncing your Google Contacts to Web allows you to search for/populate contacts in Sideline Web that are located in your mobile contact list.
On the contrary, when this feature is disabled, mobile contacts will not sync/populate in Sideline Web and thus have to be entered manually when creating a new conversation.
If you do not have Google Contacts synced:
After you've manually entered the number(s) and sent the message successfully, you can rename the conversation thread with the contact's name, which will allow you to populate their name in Sideline Web moving forward.
How to enable:
- View your Sideline Web inbox
- Account Settings (located in the drop-down menu at the top-right)
- Click (Sync Google Contacts button)
- A popup window will display prompting you to choose a Google account.
- After you selected the account to sync, click 'Allow'
- A 'Contacts Synced' pop-up will display notifying you that the sync was successful > tap Done
How to remove:
- Log out of your Google account (if you are currently logged in)
- Log out of your Sideline Web account (click the > Log Out)
- Clear your browser's cache and cookies (instructions)
- After you’ve cleared your browser cache, shut down the browser & reopen it
- Visit Sideline Web and sign back in
- View your account settings > and confirm that the sync field is unchecked. You’ll also see a pop-up asking to sync your Google Contacts > Click the X to cancel
Tip: If you’re unsure if your Google Contacts are synced currently, simply view Sideline Web Account Settings, and if synced, you’ll see a purple check mark like this:
Questions? Submit a request.
Article is closed for comments.