What is Auto-Reply to texts?
Auto-Reply is a feature within Sideline that will automatically respond to incoming texts with a custom response when you are unavailable.
This is beneficial because it shows your friends, family, and/or customers know that you've received their text and will get back to them shortly.
To enable Auto-Reply for text messages:
- Sideline Settings
- Scroll and tap 'Auto-Reply to Texts'
- Tap the switch to enable (the switch will turn green when enabled)
Note: When you enable Auto-Reply initially, it will be set to the default response '- Sent from Sideline', but you have the option to delete that & customize your response (seen below).
To create a custom Auto-Reply:
- Follow steps 1-3 above
- Tap 'Add a Custom Reply'
- Type in your Auto-Reply title, your auto-response, and add a business logo (optional)
- Note: You are allowed a maximum of 160 characters in your response
- Tap 'Save' once you are satisfied with your custom response
- Ensure the custom response displays a green checkmark (this shows that you currently have this response enabled with Auto-Reply for texts)
- The auto-response will be displayed as a message within the conversations where you received an incoming text after Auto-Reply was enabled.
- You will also see the title of the Auto-Reply in Sideline Settings to the right of the feature to show which custom response is currently set.
Deleting a custom Auto-Reply
- Tap the three green dots to the right of the custom reply
- Scroll and tap 'Delete'
- Will Auto-Reply work without cellular data?
- Will Auto-Reply work in airplane mode/without cell service?
If you need further assistance with Auto-Reply, please submit a request.