When you're running around busy and can't answer the phone right away, you can enable an Auto-Reply message to let your callers know you've received their call and will be in touch with them shortly.
What is Auto-Reply for calls?
Auto-Reply is a feature within Sideline that will automatically respond to unanswered calls with a custom text response when you are unavailable.
This helps let your friends, family, and/or customers know that you've received their text and will get back to them shortly.
To enable Auto-Reply for calls:
- Sideline Settings
- Tap on the 'Auto-Reply to Calls' (under features)
- Toggle the setting so that it's green to start adding a Custom Reply
When you enable Auto-Reply for calls initially, it will be set to the default response, but you have the option to customize your responses (see below).
To create a custom Auto-Reply:
- Follow steps 1-3 above
- Tap 'Add a Custom Reply'
- Type in your Auto-Reply title, your text response, and add a business logo (optional)
- Note: You are allowed a maximum of 160 characters in your response
- Tap 'Save' once you are satisfied with your custom response
- Ensure the custom response displays a green checkmark (this shows that you currently have this response enabled with Auto-Reply to Calls)
- The auto-response will be displayed as a message within the conversations where you received an incoming text after Auto-Reply was enabled.
- You will also see the title of the Auto-Reply in Sideline Settings to the right of the feature to show which custom response is currently set.
- Your auto-reply will still send even if you have no cellular data at the time the call came in.
Deleting a custom Auto-Reply
- Tap the three green dots to the right of the custom reply
- Scroll and tap 'Delete'
If you need further assistance, please submit a request.