If you don't have an active subscription (i.e. you are not currently paying for a Sideline subscription), you will have limited functionality and usage of Sideline mobile and Web.
This usually is due to a lapse in payment like when your credit card on file with the app store expires, for example. The good news is that you can re-activate your account by simply re-subscribing to Sideline.
How do I know if I'm in a limited state:
- When viewing the inbox, you'll see a yellow "banner" at the top stating your account is currently in limited state.
- You may also notice limited functionality with the app and some settings will be missing (see below for details)
What will still work with Sideline while in limited state:
- You will still be notified of incoming calls and messages.
- The inbox will display activity, but no contact information or message/call content will be displayed.
What will not work:
- The ability to place calls.
- The ability to send messages.
- Sideline Settings (Auto-Reply, forward calls to voicemail, etc)
Important in regards to your messages:
- Your messages will remain in your account for a period of time. However, the only guaranteed way to ensure you will continue to maintain access to your previous messages would be to maintain an active subscription with your same Sideline number attached to the account.
To gain full access and functionality of Sideline:
- Re-subscribe to Sideline (Sideline mobile Settings > Subscription > choose the subscription and follow the app store prompts to subscribe)
- Once you've subscribed, you will immediately regain access to your account, where you'll find your past calls and messages & be able to send messages and place calls.
Important items to note:
- After 30 days have passed, your number will expire and you will not be able to access your account.
- If you decide not to subscribe but still want to keep your number, you have the ability to port out your number to another service.
- Port out instructions can be found in 'Porting your number out of Sideline'
If you have any questions or concerns, please submit a request.