Did you recently port in a number previously on an iOS device, and now you're unable to receive messages from other iOS contacts?
- You ported your number in from an iOS device
- You had iMessage turned on
- You have checked your Sideline Settings to confirm that your porting request has been successfully completed.
- You have tested out your receiving of messages from non-iOS devices and you were able to successfully receive messages.
- You have checked the Sideline Service Status Page for any current texting disruptions which might affect your ability to receive messages.
Cause and Resolution
Your messages may still be attempting to send as an iMessage, in which case your messages will not make it to Sideline. However, we have found a way to resolve this in the steps below:
Step 1: Turn off iMessage on the old device
A good first step is to turn off iMessage on the device that had previously been associated with the ported-in number.
Here's how: Tap Settings > Messages and turn off iMessage.
Step 2: De-register your ported in number with iMessage
- Visit (http://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage) from any Web browser
- Scroll down to the second section labeled "No longer have your iPhone?"
- Enter the phone number you'd like to de-activate from iMessage and click "Send Code"
- Check your current phone for a text message and enter the code that you're sent
- Wait for confirmation that iMessage has been de-activated
For more information on porting, please visit our Porting FAQs article.
If you are still unable to receive messages after porting your number into Sideline, please submit a request and we will further troubleshoot the issue for you.
Article is closed for comments.