Sideline offers the ability to create a custom voicemail greeting in-app, or we can upload an existing voicemail so as long as it matches the requirements below.
To upload an existing voicemail greeting:
If you already have a business greeting you'd like to use as your Sideline voicemail, send it over to us and we'd be happy to upload it to your account so as long as it meets the requirements listed below.
Voicemail Format Requirement:
- .wav file format.
- Must be under 1MB in size. (Any files over 1MB cannot be uploaded.)
- Must be recorded at 8KhZ.
FYI: You can record up to three custom voicemail greetings in Sideline (in addition to the default greeting).
To create a new voicemail greeting in Sideline:
- App Settings.
- Scroll to Manage Greetings under the Calling Section.
- Tap Create Custom Greeting.
- Tap the Red Record button.
- If you have not enabled microphone access, you will need to do so at this time (a pop-u will display > tap OK to allow access).
- Tap the red stop button when you've recorded your message.
- You can playback your recording by tapping "play"
- If you are unsatisfied, tap the red record button again (a pop-up will display, then select "Overwrite") to re-record a new greeting.
- When you are satisfied with your recording, name the Greeting by tapping the Title to customize.
- Tap Save.
After you've recorded your greeting, you will see your greeting on the Manage Greetings page. Tap on the greeting that you would like to set for your Sideline voicemail, and a green checkmark will appear next to it.
- You can add up to three custom greetings (which you can use at any time).
- If you need to record a new greeting, you will need to delete an older one first.
- The custom greeting can be a maximum of 30 seconds long
- You can edit the greeting name or delete it easily from the 'Manage Greetings' section.
- You cannot have multiple greetings with the same name, each will need to be unique.
- If you try to exit the recording without saving, you will get a popup asking if you want to "Discard Changes." Pressing this will delete the recording.
If you need further assistance with setting up your voicemail greeting, please submit a request.
Article is closed for comments.