Porting your number out of Sideline is a benefit that not all companies offer. Below you will find some general information about the port-out process, and step-by-step instructions on how to port your number out of Sideline.
- Before you get started
- How to port your number out of Sideline
- How will I know when the port-out process is complete?
General Info Before Getting Started
You can port out your Sideline number if:
- You originally ported the number into Sideline.
- You are subscribed to Sideline, are an eligible subscription that you were grandfathered in, or have paid the one-time fee of $19.99 to unlock the number
- You can only have one port-out request active at a time.
- You cannot cancel the process once it has begun.
- If you are subscribed to Sideline and you want to port your number out of Sideline, you must manually cancel your subscription to avoid being charged.
To learn how to cancel your subscription, please view our Help Site article, "How to cancel a Sideline subscription and request a refund"
How to port your number out of Sideline
- Sideline Settings
- Scroll down to "Get Help" (Under General)
- Port-Out Number > Click "Port Out"
- Follow the prompts to successfully start the port-out process
How will I know when the port-out process is complete?
You will be notified by:
- In-app pop-up: If the porting out process was successful, you will receive a pop-up notification the next time you open the app letting you know that you have successfully ported your number out of sideline, and how to pick a new Sideline number.
- Push Notification: You'll receive a quick notification letting you know everything is done, and the next steps to take based on the outcome of your request.
- Email: If you've set up an email address on your Sideline account, we'll send you an email letting you know the porting process is complete and the next steps to take based on the outcome of your request.
Once the process is complete and you enter the app again, you will be redirected to the “Pick Your Number” page. If you wish to, you can obtain a new Sideline number.
If you have any questions about the porting process or need help with something on Sideline, check out our Porting Category which includes many helpful articles.
If you have any further questions, please submit a request.