We care about your privacy and security, and for this reason, we are diligent with first verifying account ownership via your registered email prior to assisting you with login issues, account changes, or inquiries about sensitive account information. (More info)
If you need to reset your password and no longer have access to your registered phone number, having a verified email address serves as a backup to receive the password reset link.
Why do I need to verify my email address?
When you create an account, we will send you a verification email to the address you used when signing up. It is important that you use an email you have access to when signing up as you will need to access the email in order to verify your account.
In order to obtain login credentials in the future should you need to contact support, you will need to have a verified account to show that you are the account owner.
How to verify your email address
New accounts: If you just created an account, check your email inbox (or spam folder) as you should have received an email from us titled "Verify your email."
For all other accounts that need to verify:
- Log into Sideline Web.
- Click on your Sideline number in the top-right corner.
- Tap Settings.
- Add your email address and press enter.
- You will receive an email from Sideline to verify your email (click here if you're having trouble receiving/viewing the email.)
- Locate the email with the subject line "Verify your email" > open it. (If you just created your account, locate the "Welcome to Sideline!" email to verify.)
- Tap the Verify My Email button to verify the email for your Sideline account.
- You will then see a pop-up stating "Your email address is verified."
Having trouble with the verification email?
- Check your spam folder: We sometimes see these emails get marked as Spam in some mail clients.
- Yahoo email addresses: We have noticed a delay in receiving the verification email for Yahoo email addresses. Unfortunately, this is out of our control and an issue on Yahoo's end.
Note: If you received the email but cannot click on the Verify My Email button, try clicking the 'download images' button to display the button which is typically displayed as an image in the email.
If you have further questions or need assistance with verifying your email address, please submit a request.
Article is closed for comments.