This article is to help address and correct issues with your Caller ID, particularly, what the recipient of your call sees on their screen when you're calling.
When calling clients, they mention that your number shows up as:
- Spam, Spam Risk, or Scam Likely (and not your business name or number).
- Another name or business that is not affiliated with you/your business.
- Incorrect Caller ID displayed on the recipient of the calls screen.
Cause & Resolution
Our Sideline numbers are designed to be reused, thus, your number has more than likely been used in the past which may be the reason for your incorrect Caller ID.
When a Sideline number is dropped, it makes its way back into our list of available numbers for Sideline customers. When that number gets chosen (and thus reassigned) to a new Sideline owner, the Caller ID may not always update (thus causing the incorrect Caller ID).
The good news is that this can be corrected in most cases. Below you'll find the steps on how to request to have your Caller ID corrected (for the wrong business name or number) or have the "Spam" ID removed.
(Next Steps) Contacting Hiya to fix your Caller ID
Visit Hiya's Submit a request form page and enter the following info into the contact form fields:
- Please choose your issue below: select "I have a problem with the information shown for my phone number"
- Your email address: Enter your email address (this is where they will contact you)
- Description: SEE BELOW FOR EXAMPLE TEMPLATE TO USE (optional)
- Does this number belong to a business or a person?: choose "Person"
- Would you like for us to change or remove your information?: choose "Remove"
- "Removed" should ALWAYS be selected (never choose "change")
- Phone number(s) that need action: enter your 10-digit SIDELINE NUMBER
- Do not add spaces or punctuation in the numbers
- select "United States +1"
- First name: Enter your First Name
- Last name: Optional
- Example: "Suspected Spam" or list the unknown name or business)
- Attachments: Optional, but if you have a screenshot to share of what the Caller ID displays, that would help
- When you've entered the info above, click to send the Caller ID request change to Hiya.
Description template (seen in step 3 above - feel free to copy/paste)
Phone Number (enter your 10-digit number) is showing up as (enter details of what the Caller ID is displaying (e.g. Spam, incorrect business, name, etc)
Please remove (re-enter the Caller ID details) from this number.
Hiya response email example
Once you submit your ticket, you should get an email reply from Hiya that looks something like this:
If you have questions or need assistance with contacting Hiya, please submit a request.