Step 1: Check Settings
If your phone is not ringing and you are only seeing a missed call/voicemail notification, let's check your Sideline call settings as a simple first step.
- Open Sideline.
- Tap Settings.
- Under Settings, ensure Forward Calls to Voicemail is turned off. (When enabled, all calls will be sent directly to voicemail and your phone will not ring.)
Additional step: Confirm your device's Do Not Disturb setting is disabled as this will prevent you from receiving Sideline calls (they will not ring and go straight to voicemail.)
Step 2: Reset your incoming pilot number
Pilot numbers are what we use to connect calls through your carrier network, and sometimes they need to be reset. We've found that some carriers silently block these numbers since they are used each time you place or receive a call, so resetting these numbers usually have a high success rate in resolving common calling issues.
Additional items to consider:
- Is your device or carrier blocking Sideline calls or your pilot numbers? Some spam-blocking apps block Sideline's pilot numbers since they have high usage (and thus mark them as spam)
- More info and troubleshooting steps can be found in the Not receiving calls within Sideline? article.
Step 3: Reinstall Sideline
If you have completed the steps above and are still experiencing calling issues, we recommend completing a reinstall of Sideline. While rotating the pilot numbers usually fixes most calling issues, a reinstall may help.
For a completely clean reinstall:
- Delete the Sideline app form your phone.
- Restart your device. (most important step)
- Reinstall Sideline from the app store.
Please Note: For any app versions above 3.38 on iOS and 3.42 on Android, you will NOT lose your messaging and calling data.
Important regarding reinstalling the app:
Check your device's current OS version prior to uninstalling as our app cannot support older OS versions. See below for details.
Android users: The app does not support OS versions below 7. Devices on OS 6 or below will no longer be able to install any new versions of the app from the Google Play Store.
- Recommended: Upgrade your device's OS to 7 and above.
- Note: For any app version above 8.42 on Android, you will NOT lose your messaging and calling data.
iOS users: The app does not support OS versions below 14. If you are on iOS version 13 or below, we advise against uninstalling the app as it will not be available for reinstallation in iTunes.
- Recommended: Upgrade your device's OS to 14 or above to be able to reinstall the app.
- Note: For any app version above 11.38 on iOS, you will NOT lose your messaging and calling data.
Article is closed for comments.