Step 1: Check/Refresh Sideline Settings
If your phone is not ringing and you are only seeing a missed call/voicemail notification, let's check your Sideline call settings as a simple first step.
- Open Sideline.
- Tap Settings.
- Under Settings, ensure Forward Calls to Voicemail is turned off. (When enabled, all calls will be sent directly to voicemail and your phone will not ring.)
Additional step: Confirm your device's Do Not Disturb setting is disabled as this will prevent you from receiving Sideline calls (they will not ring and go straight to voicemail.)
Step 2: Reset your incoming pilot number
Pilot numbers are what we use to connect calls through your carrier network, and sometimes they need to be refreshed. We've found that some carriers silently block these numbers, which can result in inbound (or outbound) calling issues.
To reset your pilot number manually:
- Open your device's address book.
- Locate the contacts by their name. (as seen above for Android and iOS)
- Delete each contact. (both incoming and outgoing)
After you delete the Sideline contacts (pilot numbers), they will reappear once you receive and/or place a call through Sideline as they are required for calling.
Note: You may also contact support to rotate/reset the pilot numbers on your behalf.
Additional items to consider:
- Is your device or carrier blocking Sideline calls or your pilot number? Some spam blocking apps block Sideline's pilot numbers since they have high usage (and thus mark them as spam)
- More info and troubleshooting steps can be found in the Not receiving calls within Sideline? article.
Step 3: Reinstall Sideline
If you have completed steps 1 and 2 above and are still experiencing calling issues, we recommend completing a reinstall of Sideline.
For a completely clean reinstall:
- Delete the app.
- Restart your device. (most important step)
- Reinstall Sideline from the iTunes or Google Play app store.
Please Note: For any app versions above 3.38 on iOS and 3.42 on Android, you will NOT lose your messaging and calling data.
Important regarding reinstall:
Android users: Sideline does not support OS versions below 7. Devices on OS 6 or below can still use the app, but will no longer be able to install any new versions of the app from the Google Play Store, which often contain bug fixes or updates to the existing features or functionality.
- Recommended: Upgrade your device's OS to 7 and above to receive any future updates to Sideline.
- iOS users: If you are on iOS version 12 or below, we advise against uninstalling Sideline as the app might not be available for reinstallation in iTunes due to the end of support for iOS 12 and below.